HEY GUYS :)
So a couple of you have asked how I made the shirt, so I decided I would just make a general post!
1) Find a shirt that you want to cut; maybe test it on an old shirt first so you know what you’re doing!
2) Cut the neckline, it’ll look a little awkward if you leave the neckline on, but you can leave it if you want to! To cut the neckline, all you have to do is cut where the stitching is. You can stretch it after this, and wear it off the shoulder if you’d like!
3) If you want to make it into a crop top:
Cut the sides of the shirt up to where you want the top to lay on you (you can put the shirt on and pin it, or even just eyeball the amount). After you cut up the sides, just cut straight across the shirt! Cut the front and back separately! If you cut it together it might not be as finished as you want it to look and it may not be even!
4) You want to fold the shirt in half so that the front side of the shirt is facing each other, as well as the back side! This was you only cut through the back side of the shirt.
5) Now all you have to do is cut slits all along the folded part of the shirt opposite the sleeves! My measurements were about 3cm wide, and 15cm long. You can make it as long and wide as you want, as long as it’s not too skinny because they would break and not too long so that it goes all the way to the sleeve of the shirt. You should leave some room after the neckline before you start cutting.
6) After you’re done cutting all the way down the shirt, go through and take each strip and stretch it out! This rolls them up and makes them skinnier, so if you didn’t cut straight, it’s not too noticeable!
7) WEAR IT AND LOOK AWESOME.
If you need help with the cutting of the back part watch this video, I didn’t weave it at the end though! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbhC7hPFaLA
If you have questions feel free to ask! xxx